Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange: news and opportunities for universities in this crucial moment
19 March 2020
The Erasmus+Virtual Exchange team is committed to supporting higher education institutions and students, as they adapt their working arrangements to slow the spread of coronavirus.
The project will deliver in the coming weeks online resources which will allow virtual exchange activities and training to teams around Europe and the Southern Mediterranean:
- Masterclass "How to enrich online teaching activities in higher education through Virtual Exchanges” - 26 March from 11:00 to 12:00 CET.
- Drop-in session to answer questions on how the Erasmus+ Virtual Exchange initiative can support teaching in these times - 30 March at 15:00 CET.
- Interactive Online Courses:
- ‘Youth, Peace and Security’, 13 April - 7 May 2020, Duration: 4 weeks, Language: English, Arabic, Total hours: 80 (weekly time investment: 6 hours core tasks + 14 hours assignments), ECTS 3
- ‘Countering Hate speech’, 18 May - 19 June, Duration: 5-weeks, Language: English, Total hours: 85 (weekly time investment: 6 hours core tasks + 11 hours assignments), ECTS 3
- ‘Sustainable Food Systems: A Mediterranean Perspective’, 25 May - 24 June, Duration: 5 weeks, Language: English, Hours: 85 (weekly time investment: 7 hours core tasks + 10 hours assignments), ECTS 3
- Social Circles, short dialogue exchange opportunities, bringing together young people from various backgrounds, interested to participate in a series of online small group discussions about key issues that matter to youth in the world today. Duration: 2 weeks. Weekly time investment: 2.5 hours weekly. Topics and timing here.
- 19th April - 31st May: Advanced training for HE staff who have already attended the Basic training or already have a well-developed idea and a partner, to know how to shift from theory into practice and be ready to implement a Virtual Exchange project.
- 10th May- 7th June: Basic Training for HE staffBasic Training for HE staff willing to get familiar with Virtual Exchange and be able to implement a tailor-made Virtual Exchange project.